If you’re having troubles with anything while playing Cafe World, leave a comment below and I’ll try to answer it for you.
I’ve been on Facebook for only a few months and I can tell you that the different Facebook applications got me so addicted that Mai and I never miss to include the different Facebook apps we play in our conversations. We’re almost always in front of computers because of our internet cafe business so we got a lot of online time on our hands hehehe. Heck, the game/application feature of Facebook was what convinced me to finally update and jazz up my Facebook profile after months of no activity.
Currently, I’m playing Cafe World, Home Inn and Pet Society (another post coming up about that). I started out in Farm Town but I got so bored with the gameplay I had to leave my farm behind heehee. I needed something simple but challenging.
And that’s what I love about Cafe World. The interface and gameplay is simple but there’s the challenge of coming up with a unique design that works for you and making sure you have enough cooking up for your customers.
I did try Restaurant City but dang, I got bored the first few minutes I was playing it. The only thing I like about it was that you have control over the design of the outside look of your cafe. That’s it.
Going back to Cafe World, when I first played it, it kinda reminded me of Farm Town in the sense that the recipes or dishes have their own cooking times that you need to remember so they won’t spoil. After a few more days of playing it, I was hooked!
There are a lot of things I love about Cafe World. Let me tell you some of them:
- It was created by Zynga, who brought us some of the most fun and addicting Facebook apps such as Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, FarmVille, and the ever-popular Mafia Wars.
- You won’t experience too much lag or slow loading times when playing. Unlike with Restaurant City, where you have to wait too long before you get to play.
- I love the concept of the cooking times for each dish. You have more control and for me, the gameplay won’t get old so quickly because they seem to be adding more exciting features weekly. I can’t wait for the new expansions!
- I also love the fact that you need to conceptualize on what layout and design will work best for you. I had to try a couple of layouts before I reached this final design. My waiters can teleport the food to the tables and everyone gets served quickly. Still needs a lot of addons but we’ll get to that soon! I’m starting to gradually replace all those cheap chairs with the Ciao Booth so I don’t have that much money on me. Plus, I forgot to remove the doors when I logged out earlier so my buzz rating was really low. Just had to get it out there. LOLz.
- You don’t really have to worry about the ingredients of the dishes you prepare. I just hate that about Restaurant City. They made the game too complicated but at the same time boring for me.
- You can help your friends earn more money by sending them gifts that they can serve their customers for a certain amount of money. Plus, all the customers will get served per gift so you’d really appreciate those people who actually send you gifts and it will also push you to send some back. Nice, eh?
Now, the only thing I don’t like about Cafe World is how my avatar/chef and everyone else look like. They’re too 2D. But I don’t really care that much as long as they continue with the updates in-game.
TIPS on Playing Cafe World
How do you freaking close your cafe in Cafe World?!
Easy. Just remove all the doors. Anyway, you can get them back from your inventory without spending another dime.
This way, if you don’t have any more food left, you can close your cafe while you got food cooking and just put them back when you’re ready to serve them. This is good if you want to keep your buzz rating up.
Can’t decide on your cafe’s layout/design?!
Want some tips or ideas? Visit this forum thread to get some ideas: Show Off Your Cool Cafe
How to test your layouts if they’ll work for you?
Why test your layouts in the first place? Well, with your new layout, some customers might not get served by your waiters. That’s why you need to test your layout.
Now, how do you do it without losing any money? After you’ve applied your desired layout, observe. Check if there’s any customer not being served with your current layout. If you see this problem, DON’T let your customers finish what they’re eating! Why? So it won’t affect your buzz rating when your dissatisfied customers leave your cafe.
Just switch back to design mode (click on the Customize or Chair icon) and do some changes with your layout and then test again.
Why are my waiters not serving some of my customers?
This is the most common question people are typing in Google which leads them to this post. There are just 2 reasons why some of your customers or all of them are not being served by your waiters:
- The server is not yet recognizing your layout or it could be a server timeout. Try refreshing the game. If it continues, then click on the Customize (chair) icon and click on OK to see if the problem persists. If it continues, then, you need to change your layout.
- Your current layout isn’t effective and needs to be changed ASAP. Like what I mentioned on my previous tip, test your layout if there’ll be some customers who won’t get served. If you experience this, it means you need to clear your waiters’ path to the customers table even when using teleportation. Just play around with your layout ’til all the customers are served. I had to test mine 5x before I got to my final layout that worked.
Want to increase your buzz rating?
- Add more doors so more people can get in. Trust me, this works.
- Make sure you have enough food. Don’t leave your cafe open with no food to serve. Try cooking different dishes with different cooking times. I suggest close your cafe and then cook Spitfire Roasted Chicken on all your stoves. Then, once they’ve been served, open your cafe and cook other dishes with shorter cooking time.
- Serve your customers faster by taking advantage of TELEPORTation. Heehee. Make sure your waiters’ path to your customers tables are blocked so they won’t walk all the way from the counters to the tables. It will save you time and you can serve more customers faster!
How to make more money?!
- Send gifts so you can get some back. Use them when you have about 6 or more customers sitting so you won’t waste them. I get about 10 gifts daily (my friends are all very kind = meaning they’re all addicted to Cafe World, too, and they know I send gifts daily hehehe)
- Of course, make sure you have enough food served/prepared for the time you’d be away from your cafe.
- Check and compare the prices of the dishes when you buy them and how much profit you’d get when you’ve sold all the servings.
- Visit your friends daily. Leave tips when you do so they’d be glad to tip you, too.
- Get more people on your friends list to play the game! The more neighbors you have, the more money you’d get from the Daily Bonus. I get 5,000 daily because I got about 30 neighbors already.
How to Level Up Faster?
Well, if you have enough money, cook and then delete Spitfire ROasted Chicken. It’ll give you 60 exp points everytime. It’s really expensive to do that, though. But, if you’re after leveling up faster, you can try this.
If you got too much time on your hands, continuously cook dishes with the shortest cooking times. It’s kinda tiring though. I tried it like 3 consecutive times and I stopped ‘coz it’s really tiring.
Visit your friends daily. I don’t religiously do this but I try. Also, you might observe that after visiting 20 friends, the exp points decrease to 1. At that point, I stop visiting unless when I really need coins hehehe.
MY WISHLIST for Cafe World
Here are a few things I wish they’d change in the game:
- Fullscreen feature, just like in Farm Town. So you can really get into the game. Ack. I’m such a nerd. LOLz.
- I find it kinda irritating that when I try to zoom out the whole browser page, the game screen doesn’t zoom out but cuts parts on the right side of the game. I wish they’d do something about this ‘coz I really prefer smaller game screens so I’d have access on all the buttons and icons (I’m using a wide LCD laptop screen).
- No integrated photo feature so I had to take photos of my cafe manually – you know, PRINTSCREEN.
I really love Cafe World. I can’t really wait for their weekly updates because I want to get the next expansion. If you haven’t played the game yet but you’re already playing other Facebook games, I suggest you try Cafe World. It’s the newest addiction in Facebook today.
If you got any tips you want to share with me, things that you’ve tested yourself to be working, leave me a comment here. I’d love to try them out.
Best online homemade christmas gift ideas and stylish and trendy women’s handbags, you get here. We also have stylish variety in duffle coat, rain jacket and best shearling coat collection that designed by our top designer’s team with outstanding sense.