It's 4 months before 2013 and as early as now, many hotels and airline companies, including Cebu Pacific, Zest Air, AirPhil Express, AirAsia and Philippine Airlines, that are offering seat sale promos for next year. I've actually booked flights for November on during Cebu Pacific's piso promo. So, for many people like us who love to plan ahead, it's good to know in advance the official list of 2013 Philippine Holidays.
These 2013 Philippine Public Holidays were announced by the Malacanang Palace through Proclamation No. 459. I'll keep the list updated as special holidays are announced.
Official List of 2013 Philippine Public Holidays
A. Regular Holidays
- January 1 (Tuesday) - New Year’s Day
- March 28 - Maundy Thursday
- March 29 - Good Friday
- April 9 (Tuesday) - Araw ng Kagitingan
- May 1 (Wednesday) - Labor Day
- June 12 (Wednesday) - Independence Day
- August 26 (Last Monday of August) - National Heroes Day
- November 30 (Saturday) - Bonifacio Day
- December 25 (Wednesday) - Christmas Day
- December 30 (Monday) - Rizal Day
B. Special (Non-Working) Days
- March 30 - Black Saturday
- August 21 (Wednesday) - Ninoy Aquino Day
- November 1 (Friday) - All Saints Day
- Additional special (non-working) days:
- November 2 (Saturday) - All Souls Day
- December 24 (Tuesday) - Christmas Eve
- December 31 (Tuesday) - New Year's Eve
C. Special Holiday (for all schools)
- February 25 (Monday) - EDSA Revolution Anniversary
For our Muslim countrymen, section 2 of the proclamation is for them:
SECTION 2. The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. To this end, the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall.
Once I have the dates, I'll update this list.
Long Weekends for 2013
For sure, you're interested in finding out about long weekends for 2013. It's the best time to go on a long vacation with family and friends para di bitin. ;)
- Holy Week - March 28-31, 2013
- National Heroes Day - August 24-26, 2013
- All Saints' Day - November 1-3, 2013
- Rizal Day and New Year - December 28, 2013 - January 1, 2014
I'll keep this list updated as soon as I get the official special holidays for the 2013 Elections and if they're going to announce the Chinese New Year as a holiday too.