It’s been awhile since I updated this blog with something truly personal. After I celebrated my 33rd birthday, like most people on their birthdays, I felt like I needed to reflect on what I’ve accomplished and how I’m doing with my life so far. The first thing that came to mind was to start a 30-day blogging challenge.
I initially wanted to start a song challenge, but my brother gave me this idea: The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge which he found on The Single Woman. I went through the questions and, immediately, I knew this is it! 🙂
Upon reading some of the questions, many memories – both painful and happy – came back to me. This was the perfect 30-day blogging challenge for me because it will help me look back on those important moments in my life that shaped who I am today as a single 33-year old woman.
Here’s a breakdown of what the blogging challenge entails me to write about, which I’ll start officially tomorrow (I’ll be linking them to the posts I’ve already published):
The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge
1) Your response to everyone’s favorite question: “And why are YOU still single?”
2) Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked.
3) Describe a moment or a day when being single was really awesome.
4) Your biggest fear as a single person.
5) The biggest misconception you think people have about single life.
6) Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”.
7) Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point.
8) Five things that are most important to you in a future mate.
9) Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do (For example, I sometimes dance around the house with my cat to Frank Sinatra).
10) Google the meaning of your name and talk about how it fits or doesn’t fit you.
11) Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing date.
12) Your proudest accomplishment.
13) Describe how you met the last person you texted and talk about your friendship/relationship.
14) Describe the last moment you felt really, truly blissful.
15) Narrate a conversation between you and someone in your life who you never had closure with (a friend, an ex, a family member, etc.) What would you say? What would they say? What outcome would you hope for?
16) If you planted a time capsule right now of your life to be opened in 20 years, what would be in it?
17) What are your spiritual beliefs and how do they impact your relationships/relationship status?
18) If you could have a conversation with yourself in high school, what would you say?
19) What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?
20) Describe your most difficult breakup and what you learned from it.
21) How would you pitch a reality show about yourself? To what network?
22) What fictional character in a movie, tv show, or book do you identify with and why?
23) Talk about a moment when you got annoyed with a married friend, a person in a relationship, or a person with kids (Be honest! No judgment!).
24) If you could relive ONE day of your life, what would it be? And would you change anything?
25) Describe a moment when you “paid it forward.” What happened and how did it feel?
26) Name a song that makes you cry every time you hear it and why.
27) Talk about something that you really, really, really love about yourself.
28) Describe a moment when you made a big, bold move. In any area of life: Career, Love, etc.
29) Who is your closest or most special friend that you’ve never met and what do they mean to you? How did you cross paths? Talk about how you “met” them: Facebook, Twitter, an online support group, etc.
30) Write a letter to your future mate saying whatever you want to say.
I feel like this is going to be an emotional 30-day blogging challenge, but I think it’s exactly what I need.
And if you want to get to know me a little better, just come back here every day for my blog post for each day of this challenge. I can’t wait to start! 🙂